Friday, November 4, 2022

Update 11-4-2022

 The panel shows Hobs 39.5 Tach 27.  My flight logs (which include taxi/run up time) are showing 35.7 for Phase I.  The last time I flew was Oct 9th.  I've added up my >50NM cross country flights (mostly in 172's and a Cherokee 140) and have over 50 hours.  50 hours is a requirement towards the IFR certification.  50 hours cross country in the Cozy would be a lot more miles than in a 172.

The Dynon HDX software was updated to 16.4.0, charts and terrain were also updated.  One of the Sandisc USB 32G memory sticks had to be  reformatted after using the chart manager and ejecting it.  I use three sticks (two on board and one spare).  The software update took awhile and afterwards, the Hall Effect Ammeter widget was showing a red x on the screen.  This is one I bought from Crazed Pilot.   In the EMS sensor setup, the sensor type was blank but the right column for label was still showing amps.  An older email from Bill McLagan reminded me he'd sent me a definition file to load.   I re-entered the settings several times to try to match the amperage shown on the bench top power supply.  It seems like the polarity is wrong so an engine run will be done to verify the panel is showing positive current when the alternator is working.  

Several hours were spent in the hangar navigating the menus in the Skyview and IFD. 

With weather changing colder and higher humidity, the prop bolts were retorqued.  Recall I've removed the Belleville washers, lubricated the prop bolt threads with wax and lowered the torque value to 35 ft. lbs.  

I finally got the heater duct/adapter and control cable installed after a lot of trial and error trying to reduce the duct from 2.5" to 2".  The control handle is mounted where the plans fuel selector is on the seat back between the pilot and copilot.  

The Dynon widget color bands were in the yellow for some of the normal values so I tweaked them.  Fuel levels, amperage, voltage were changed and some set to alarm.

I ordered two Single Spotlights from Flyleds and should have them Wednesday.  I'm leaning towards installing the landing/taxi lights in the nose.

Mark Reiger, N716CZ is planning on stopping by on his maiden voyage cross country.  Hopefully, Scott Fish, N78CZ & I can meet somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment