Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

 I've signed and entered the Phase I statement in the log book after consulting with my DAR.  Over 40 hours of testing are complete.  Sometime in the future, I'll expand the MGTOW limits I've tested to since our runway is only 3740'.  I'll go to an airport with a longer, smoother runway.   I also chatted with Vance (EAA Tech advisor and canard guru).  He commented that "you'll always be testing".  


Yesterday, I'd planned on a 1.5 hour flight to KGLS Galveston but shortly after taking off, found the canopy hadn't closed properly due to a sharpie that had fallen in front of the instrument panel.  This left a gap and caused the front catch to not quite catch the front screw on the canopy properly.  I reduced power and returned to the airport, found the sharpie and went for two short flights to get fuel.  


https://youtu.be/JV0CrkgngH4

No comments:

Post a Comment