Monday, May 1, 2023

SDS EM5 tuning progress/ Landing with rudders out & landing brake down.

 The map provided originally for the 370 engine was based on an estimate or comparison of the map for a 360.   I'd found that the engine needed a little more prime to start, then after it started was running rough/rich.  On take off, was needing more fuel.   

After getting the new AEM controller and sensor installed, was able to win a battle with Microsoft on my W11 laptop to get the dashboard software working intermittently.  I pulled a log, made some notations and consulted with SDS for a sanity check on adjustments to make.

I subtracted RPM Fuel for lower RPM settings  (started at 173 and decreased to 127) for 500-1200 RPM.  I added about 18% to the Start RPM fuel settings and reduced the crank cycles to 15.  On the higher RPMs, added 5%.  So now at 2000-2100 fuel is at 220 and at 2200+ is set to 225.  


The weather/wind continues to be typical spring weather with a mix of crazy and beautiful weather. I managed to get the GoPro to cooperate and got a video landing using the rudders out and landing brake down.  


https://youtu.be/b9JFx-D9QnI




No comments:

Post a Comment