Monday, July 24, 2023

More Oshkosh prep

 I installed a cigarette lighter power plug in the copilot headrest.  It's powered off a 15 AMP circuit of the VPX and activates when the Alt Field is energized.  I have a nice one to three lighter socket multiplier and will round up some USB power adapters to make sure they work without noising up the radios.

The Kenda nose wheel is set to 30 .lbs and the main Air Hawk tires to 50 .lbs.   I tweaked the left axle nut a bit to reduce the preload some as it seemed excessive.

Weight and balance were calculated with a 210 .lb copilot, 52 gallons fuel and 100 .lbs of luggage.  It appears we could haul up to 375 .lbs in the back seat, full fuel, two in the front and still be okay.  I'll pull the ballast out when we load up tomorrow night.

Normally when I add oil, I open the door, remove the dip stick and just stick the neck of the quart oil container into the fill stick.   Today, I'm not sure why but I stuck the plastic filler extender on the qt. and managed to dump enough oil to make a mess.  Gah.  I pulled the cowls, cleaned up the mess.  Spotted a few places where some lacing tape could be added to keep some wires from jiggling. 

Since the last tweak on the lower cowl cooling ramps, the oil temp has been running a bit warmer so I've taped a straw in front of the oil cooler exhaust vent on top of the cowl.

I've made a pile of items to haul along (most of them are on the other list I posted).

Occasionally I checked the plane tracking sites, listened to ATC at OSH and shared photos to the Cozy FB page.  Watching weather, looks like there might be some showers to dodge on Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment