Saturday, April 30, 2022

Update 4/28/22

 Test ran the engine today with the cowls on.  Starting, left the mixture knob slightly lean and motor fired in about 5 seconds.  Starter disengaged.  The AFR sensor doesn't seem to be reading correctly so the controller possibly is bad.

After shutting the engine down, the prop stopped vertically and had soot on the blades.  I re-clocked the prop to 1/7 o-clock, torqued the prop bolts to 40 ft. lbs. and safety wired them.

My Insurance Agent emailed me that one of the carriers wants me to have about 10 more hours total time.  Other members in the builder/flier group have recently been insured with Avemco.   Regardless, the wind has been gusting to much to safely taxi test.

I'm spending some time repairing a 12" spinner for a friend.  Will likely pop a mold and make a new one.



No comments:

Post a Comment