Thursday, October 6, 2022

10/6/2022

 Still working on wheel pants.   Made some spacers that go between the brackets and the pants for alignment and will flox them in place and will start fairing them.  Did a test flight with just the leg cuffs on and all seems well with just the cuffs on.  Flightaware showed ground speeds >200mph.

After pulling the cowls, still finding some oil and found one of the Aeroquip 466 AN8 hoses from the oil cooler to the accessory case was leaking on both ends between the fire sleeve and the stainless steel fittings.  I contacted the vendor and was advised they were off warranty despite only have about 30 hours on it.   Only one (the most expensive one-AN8 STR-STR 30") is leaking...at both ends.   I opted to purchase a new one that's made in Tulsa and the company was recommended by several friends.  Requested for it to be made 1" longer.   ETA 3-4 days.

I've been working on logs (pilot/airframe/engine).  Fortunately I found a file that I'd prepared to use to print to Avery labels that I'd written off as lost when my PC blue screened so now I won't have to re-enter about 8 pages worth of stuff that includes software licenses into the hard copy log book and electronic version.


No comments:

Post a Comment