Saturday, February 17, 2024

More rides

 Doug Steen and Bill James are the newest names on the list of pilot/ATPs that have flown N724CZ.  

Doug contacted me and offered to trade rides.  A neighbor of his needed a ride to retrieve his Bonanza so on a frosty Tuesday morning 2/13/2024 I flew from T67 to 50F (~9 minute flight).

Doug gave us (Bill came along too) a ride in his PA46 JetProp to Georgetown and back to Bourland 50F going up to FL19.  Doug's wife Valerie and son looked over the Cozy.  They showed me their Whitman Tailwind.   An RV in their shop was getting a new Dynon panel.  Doug & Valerie own and operate a 145 repair station for avionics, www.semiplane.com. A podcast interview with Doug: https://open.spotify.com/episode/20oomjCjaZn64kLKr3oqsp?si=jrCzrItfSuiR_j_yEdzUrA

Doug was impressed with stability at low speed.  We had the IAS under 60 KIAS and could bank left or right.  VSI was showing about 600 FPM decent.  

After we got back to 50F we chatted and went to lunch.  When we got back to 50F, Bill was eager to go for a ride.  He asked me about the feeling of the realization that "you built this and are flying it".  I think every time I preflight and push it out of the hangar I'm still getting butterflies.  When we got back to Bourland, we chatted for awhile.  The sun getting lower in the West was my queue to head home.  

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment