Monday, March 4, 2024

Dynon SV-COM-425 RMA

My last flight, got a good radio check at the run up area but after taking off, got a reply that my transmit audio had become "weak and scratchy".    I pulled the module, opened it up but didn't see any physical damage.  The pins/sockets of the 25 pin connector looked okay.   The nut holding the antenna connector to the case wasn't very tight, but the threads were plastic so apparently the bulkhead connector's case wasn't a functional ground.

I'd opened a case with Dynon and got an RMA for the radio.   I'm not certain which model I'll get back but will probably have to repin the 25 pin connector.  Shipped priority express, two day.  

Dynon also announced a software update.  Unless told otherwise, I'll wait until the replacement radio is ready to install before upgrading the software.


Update - Dynon appears to be sending a SV-COM-760 and adapter cable.


No comments:

Post a Comment