Monday, March 28, 2022

Update 03/28/2022

 The test run yesterday was very short.  Immediately had a kick back and another munched ring gear.   Emailed details to Ross.

The domino effect was that little metal shards got into the prop bolt threads and I didn't realize this until I had about a half turn on most of the bolts and they got very hard to turn.   It took quite a bit of force to remove some of the bolts and the threads were very damaged.   I contacted Saber Mfg this morning and they had bolts and lugs in stock.  They're only about an hour away so I hopped on the bike with the extension in the saddle bag.  Met the owners grandson and an employee at their shop next to a grass strip.  They quickly replaced the lugs and provided new 6 1/2" bolts.  

I picked up a new ring gear at Aeroperfomance and a couple barbeque sandwiches nearby.  

Ross had replied with a list of things to check: Magnet position, top sensor connected to the top board, and the magnet position settings to 97 (top ECU) and 88 (bottom).  The crank retard value is also set to 25.   I mentioned to Ross that one thing I had done was set the mixture knob very rich since the previous start required increasing the mixture to get the engine to fire.

I checked the magnet positions and they seem to be as specified with regard to TDC.  Also checked the top sensor is connected to the top ECU, ECU settings were correct.  Powered the ECU up and waved a magnet by the sensor and the injectors click.  Sent an update to Ross to see if he has any ideas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment