Monday, November 20, 2023

11/18/23 Crappy weather=more maintenance

 11/18/23  The sun is finally shining again this morning after having some foggy overcast days.  The weather forecasts were off the mark a bit.  We cancelled a trip to go watch the new SpaceX rocket launch at Boca Chica due weather and other circumstances.  The launch was delayed until Saturday morning.  Maybe we can catch the next one. 

I checked back through log entries and see that the spark plugs had last been replaced in June which was over 100 hours ago.   On my task list was to tweak the fuel settings down a bit and I'd found that the B ECU's mid RPM range values weren't matching the A ECU.  I'm not sure how that happened but am guessing I got interrupted mid-task.  I need to close my hangar door to avoid interruptions when I'm working on tedious tasks.  I reviewed the SDS documents on operation and need to start using the LOP button and get the fuel and timing dialed in for x-country cruising.

EFIS data is showing about a 10% delta on the CHT's.  I'd paused the initiative to get them closer so will attempt to get the balance a little closer.  I'm having to sift through my notes for when and what tweaks I'd made to the lower ramps and now wish I'd added notes to the Savvy flight data.  

The head of a cowl screw stripped so I cut a slot with the Dremel and removed it with a flathead.  Guess it's time for a new batch of screws.

The alternator belt seemed awfully loose even though I'd tightened it recently.  An internet search returned Lycoming SI 1129D and explained how to check the belt tightness.

https://www.lycoming.com/sites/default/files/attachments/SI1129D%2520Alternator%2520Belt%2520Tension%252C%2520Methods%2520of%2520Checking.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment