Monday, December 4, 2023

Test flight - CHT balancing - VOR approach - Oscar Pattern

The SDS Fuel values were tweaked to remedy a rough idling after start issue and seemed to help.  Apparently my version 3 values were to rich for the cooler engine temps below 90F. 

Despite adding some deflectors to the lower cowl ramps, #1 is still the coolest.  I think I'm going to make something more adjustable and remove the deflectors.  I might try to see if there's a way to use a servo to adjust the ramp lips in flight.  Then find an optimal position and semi-permanently fix them there.  

I did a test flight from T67 to MWL via MQP (VOR to 31).   Everything seemed to work except for the VNAV/ILS.  As far as I can tell, the Dynon settings appear to be correct but I'll consult with a friend and adjust if necessary, then test again.  The nice thing is it did follow the approach.   Unfortunately, the pattern and RNAV approach was busy so left the area to the North.

I did about 75% of an Oscar pattern, and got disoriented but did a total of 3 360 turns/climbs and descents.  I spotted a tower nearby as I was descending so terminated the practice.  The radio traffic at Mineral Wells was still busy, so headed back to T67 rather than try another approach.





No comments:

Post a Comment