Monday, September 19, 2022

9/19/2022

The Dynon manual (p53) has information on  the little tics on the bank angle indicate 10, 20, 30 and 60 degrees and the triangles indicate 0 and 45 degrees.   Good to know for Flight test 7.  :-)

I flew another flight, got fuel at XBP and returned to T67.   A C150 student in the pattern at T67 did a two mile downwind and still wasn't off the runway when I was on final (doing 85 KIAS in the pattern) so went around.  Usually I would have done a right 360 for spacing on the downwind but another aircraft was coming from the East to join the downwind.  A cub also appeared that I didn't hear on the radio or see on ADSB (obviously).  It is tempting to do a short approach when they're doing that.  I'll chat with the airport safety manager.  

The left brake pedal feels solid but isn't as effective as the right brake.  I suspect the either the caliper is hanging up a little, the pads may have gotten some axle grease flung on them and contaminated or maybe the rotor is glazed.  I'll pull the wheel off and check.   It doesn't seem like either wheel is dragging while taxiing.

The oil level after changing drops after filling the filter and the oil cooler.  I'd added one quart and the level was staying right under the 8 qt. mark.  There's some oil mist on the cowl near the breather tube exhaust.  Some people only run 6 quarts but with a new engine, I want to make sure the cam is getting lubricated well so don't mind adding oil for now.

A few tasks before the next flight are to complete wheel pant installation and stiffen the trim spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment