Monday, September 12, 2022

Update 09/12/2022 Flight test 6/squawk tests

 

I took off from T67 on RWY 32 for the first time with a slight crosswind from the east at almost 1700 .lbs with nearly 40 gallons of fuel.  Was airborne near midfield.

Regarding testing, there was a cloud layer right at 8000' today near my test area and it was bumpy.   I wanted to burn off some fuel so played with the autopilot and tried some of the tests but getting the canard to bob at 60 KIAS in turbulence just wasn't a lot of fun so I practiced using AP controls.   I completed a portion of the test.  Looks like the fuel pulses need to be tweaked.  1.7 hours on the tach and only 11 gallons used.

The right brake seems less effective than the left brake despite bleeding it.

I'd replaced the Nordlocks on the brake discs which causes the Allen screw heads to  protrude slightly and they're contacting the brake heat shields, making an unusual noise.  I suspect the wind may be bending the shields back towards the discs.

Kevin Walsh's suggestion to use the rudders more assertively to loose energy has helped.   I did find the throttle blip to add energy back resulted in the landing brake automatically retracting, so will need to keep that in mind using this procedure in the future.

I started checking for cabin air leaks and found some around the canopy (which has no weather stripping yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment