Sunday, September 11, 2022

Update 9/11/2022 New main tires and tubes installed

 The tires that I robbed from a project looked new but I'd found the tubes were dated 2013 and appears the retreads were 12/12.  The sidewalls looked like they were weather checking.   I chatted with Russ and he said he'd put on the Air Hawks and liked them quite a bit better (like landing on pillows) than the Desser Monster Retreads.  Aeroperformance (ACS) in Fort Worth had these in stock:

 XA1AC 500x5 tube w/90 stem

XA1AB Airtrac Tube Stem 90 3.50x4.10-4

AB3D4 Air Hawk 500-5 6 ply tire

Back ordered the 1V1650 Aero Classic Tire 10-350-4

It was difficult getting one of the tires off the rim.  I finally put it on a hydraulic press and got it popped off.  

Getting Dyna Beads installed in the tubes was time consuming and required frequent tapping on the valve stem to keep the beads flowing.  One of the charts I found indicated 1 or 2 ounces of beads for a 10 inch diameter wheel, so I put two ounces in.


No comments:

Post a Comment