Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Update 9/13/2022 Flight test 6 and squawks

 The right axle nut appears to be a little to tight causing a tendency to turn right when taxiing.  Also a right roll that wouldn't trim out has developed.  Initially I thought the only thing that changed was the amount of fuel on board and tweaking on the brake heat shields.  The autopilot wasn't working well either.  During maintenance later I found the right aileron torque tube connection to the universal joint had a little bit of play in it.   I tightened it and put some Loctite 680 in it.  

Green Loctite 680 test on aileron joint and torque tube.


I only completed part of Flight test 6 due to turbulence.  Nose bob seemed high at about 67 knots, 10,000 DA/8000 MSL.  

The oil pressure during flight climbed above 50 psi occasionally.  

I changed the oil again and refilled with Aeroshell 100 Mineral oil.   Oil usage appears to be stabilizing.


No comments:

Post a Comment