Friday, February 26, 2016

Chapter 25 - Finishing - tools/results

I'd spread some left over MGS epoxy/micro onto the gear leg fairings and it had set for about three months so was cured and hard and messy.  MGS micro is notoriously hard to sand.   Fortunately I found some new Flexisander tools that appear to be superior to the flat boards and the 3M sanding board.    I used the electric sander and cleaned up this mess in about 30 seconds.   The tools are expensive, but I'm not dreading the finishing process like I had been previously.   LuAnn used to help her dad in his autobody shop and encouraged me to get these tools when she saw videos of them being used.   These have vacuum ports and there was very little residue from sanding.

Flexisander D Starter package includes two sanding boards, a fairing knife and an electric sander.   The sanding boards use 4.5" paper and the electric uses 70 mm paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment