Thursday, June 20, 2019

2019/6/20 Update - Canopy latch hardware

I was still lacking some of the canopy latching hardware.  I needed the 3/8" AL 2024 square stock but isn't listed on the common supplier web sites.  I found 12' of 6060 for $7 at a local metal distributor. 

The first set I made using a hand held drill.   It works, but the hole is slightly crooked.  Probably okay since the longeron is not straight either.   Maybe it's better to have it at an angle.  :-)

Anyway, I decided to make a few extra sets using the table top lathe.   I had to shim the stock to the correct height, but using scrap aluminum sheets of different thicknesses, got it aligned.   Using a straight edge, got the stock parallel with the drill bit, then used the carriage screw to center the stock.

A modified longer latch arm will be tried since there may be some interference with the Tosten military grip.





No comments:

Post a Comment