Saturday, July 30, 2022

7/30/2022 update

 The number crunching from Flight #4 Pitot-Static calibration revealed why some landings were so terrible, I was eating Cessnas in the pattern and others commented I was "hauling ass" when departing on downwind: 

70 KIAS = 84.1
90 KIAS = 103
100 KIAS = 111.1
110 KIAS = 121.4
120 KIAS = 134.3
130 KIAS = 145.5 


Another item added to the squawk list....find leaks, check for bugs.

Update - pulled the static line, blew air backwards through it with a piece of shop rag taped over it.  Some tan sand granules came out.   Then I remembered my first flight, visibility was 6 SM due to Sahara dust.  I ran the zero calibration.  The tubing adapters at the ADAHRS seemed a little loose as well so got about 1/4 to 1/2 turn on them.  Blowing air and plugging the end of the pitot line resulted in a hissing from the nose compartment.  There was a 1.5" piece of silicon tubing that connected the aluminum tube with the Dynon tubing.  I replaced it with smaller diameter tubing and then it would hold 40 psi.

The oil seemed to be coming from aft side of the sump to case.  I pulled out the manual and followed the sequence to torque all 20 bolts to ~100 in. lbs.  Some were good, but most needed tightened a little.

The Autopilot pitch force was set to 50%.  The manual advises if I can override the AP when the Level function is activated, I can increase the force to default (100%), so did.  The pitch was already at 100%.


No comments:

Post a Comment