Wednesday, August 2, 2023

#OSH23 Squawks

 Right roll - found the roll trim spring Adel clamp on the torque tube slipping.   Made a new bracket for two Adel clamps.

NG3 (nose gear strut shackle) has loosened after a almost gear up and taxiing through the grass at OSH.  I'd installed a bolt through it so it hasn't slipped.  Recent posts indicate this isn't the best solution as it can weaken the strut.  Maybe I'll get a new strut and associated parts.  Availability of the electric nose lift appears to be less than optimal.  I chatted with Russ and know that Jet Guys have been installing some sort of hydraulic actuator but they do the installation.  A search found this H-Track Electro-Hydraulic Linear Actuator that would seem to be a viable alternative to the current solutions.  https://www.thomsonlinear.com/en/products/linear-actuators/h-track

The heater control cable became disengaged from the butterfly's arm.  I made a temporary repair and include it in the list of things I want to change in the hell hole.  

Occasionally, the third canopy latch doesn't catch.  It is probably operator error when I'm closing the canopy I start to latch before the canopy is fully closed.   I think I posted previously that the magnet security sensor had failed so replaced it already.  I think the magnet was to far away allowing the contacts to chatter and ultimately fail.  A microswitch or optical sensor would probably be better.

The iPad didn't charge well when running the FlyQEFB app.  The VPX showed the amperage for the audio panel (PS Engineering) go up .6 Amp when the tablet was plugged in.  Suspect heat and maybe a cheap USB-C cable are why the current was limited.  Even the wall wart didn't seem to keep up with the power getting sucked by the app later when testing at home.  I'll watch the ipad power consumption stats and give some feedback to Seattle Avionics.

No comments:

Post a Comment