Thursday, February 14, 2019

2019 02/14 More IP Panel

I happened across Brian Deford's web page today.  So sad to see what happened to his beautiful Cozy, but amazing to see how some people have the wisdom to find good in everything.  The charred remains of the Bible passage blew up to his feet with 1 Peter 4 verses 12-13: " Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you; But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy."

Despite several distractions today (it is Valentine's Day), I managed to get a little done and got some consultation on the panel.  It was recommended to insert the electronics into the trays and measure the gap between the tray and the bezel of the unit to determine whether the trays need to fit within the panel opening or if they can be flush with the back of the panel.   Then observe where the tray mounting screw holes are.

I moved the breaker switches out of the panel for now and think I may just put regular breakers in series with switches.   Currently, I'm leaning towards grouping the EI/EFI switches into Primary and Backup clusters so that if all of the switches are up, there is full redundancy.  Each group will have it's own master switch.  I think there's enough panel space to similarly configure the avionics and this will determine the final panel lay out.

One of my "long lost" orders arrived today, so I have "a few" other tasks I can go back and finish.


Considering this layout for full redundancy of the EI/EFI system.


Replacing the breaker switches with regular breakers solves the clearance issue but takes up more space for switches.

No comments:

Post a Comment