Thursday, February 28, 2019

2019/02/28

We had a few nice days but winter came back.  I refilled my propane bottles so I could keep the shop warm.

Still futzing with the panel.  Also, I've been working on a throttle quadrant (reversing with friction lock) and will post photos later if it turns out functional.  Buying one is looking like the easy but more expensive solution.  I've got plenty of scrap 6061 so will see what my home made one looks like first.

Vance has bestowed a pile of his accumulated hangar stuff that he no longer needs upon me so I've spent at least three days sorting through about a gallon and a half of AN pipe fittings (some steel), assorted nut plates, clamps, bushings, spacers, screws and bolts.  There's still a bunch of stuff on the shelves to go through.

I dusted off X-plane to keep from getting to rusty.  I used one of the existing Cozy aircraft and tweaked the horsepower and prop.

No comments:

Post a Comment