Friday, January 11, 2019

2019 01/11

I've worked on a variety of things this week while waiting for orders to arrive.

Mounted the oil temp sensor in the 90 degree oil filter adapter.
Terminated the SDS (Bosch) throttle position sensor.  I crimped the wires but ended up soldering them since I could pull the wires out of the crimp.
Installed the P5000 quick oil drain plug.
Finished making the cabin fuel lines and leak tested the fuel selector/lines and tanks.   Found air leaking from the left tank where the fuel probe line came through under the longeron.   Drew a vacuum on the tank, used a hypo to fill the leak with epoxy.

Started eyeballing how/where to mount:
18 row oil cooler (near the plans location -top cowl-should work)
3 MAP sensors (2 for SDS, one for Dynon)
SDS Intake air temp sensor
Oil and fuel pressure sensors.
Fuel pressure regulator.
Battery and Starter solenoids.
Throttle quadrant/cable.


Glanced at the Aveo Ultra strobe/nav lights manual and noticed they are TSO'ed.
Copied the XP-382 engine manual and Aveo light manual to Google docs and linked them to blog entries. 

Contacted Ross at SDS about several items.   I was missing some of the male Weatherpak pins needed for the injector harness and also had questions about which Hall Effect sensor should connect to the primary ECU and which one should go to the back up.   Ross offered to send some pins and advised that the calibration procedure would synch the sensor with the ECU.   I think when we ran the engine at Kamloops, the top sensor went to the primary ECU.   They kept the harness for the test stand and replaced my connectors which is why I can't tell.   I should have pins here on Wednesday from another vendor.

I'd ordered about 15 items on-line through AeroPerformance for "will call pick up" and had checked on delivery.   A bunch of the items had not been processed, but some were.   I don't quite understand why everything wasn't ordered but the local gal at the counter advised me next time to let her know and she'd get everything ordered.  I wanted to pick up at the store to avoid having packages delivered during the holidays when we were gone.

Del City has a bunch of overstock/discontinued items so I ordered a bunch of switches that are normally $4 for .60 each.   I was pondering getting a 60 amp breaker rather than using the ANL fuse.

My Nav/Com was shipped but there was a snafu on the delivery address.   UPS shows they received an address update but also show delivery tomorrow.

It's been cold and rainy, but the heater is keeping the shop above 60.  There's been respiratory crap going around and it finally caught up with me.